Digital Signature (DSC)?
DSC or Digital Signature is a physical signature in an electronic format.Digital Signatures are used in India for online transactions such as Filing Annual Return, Company or LLP Incorporation, Income Tax E-Filing, E-Tenders, etc.
There are 3 types of Digital Signatures, Class I, Class II and Class III Digital Signatures.
- Class I Digital Signature is used for securing email communications.
- Class II digital signature is utilized for company registrations, IT Return E-filing, Obtaining DIN, DPIN etc.
- Class III digital signature registration are used for E-tendering and participating in E-Auctions.
WHY DIGITAL SIGNATURE (DSC)
- Validity-Digital Signatures usually comes with validity of one or two years and they can be easily renewed once validity expires.
- E-token-Digital signature certificate are stored in a secure USB Flash Drive called E-Token.
- Quick Processing-One can get DSC in very quick time of 1-3 days from date of submitting the application along with required documents.
- Class II Digital Signatures-It is used for company, LLP registrations, IT Return E-filing etc.
- Class III Digital Signatures-It is used mainly for E-Tendering and Participation in E-Auctions.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURE (DSC)
- Passport size photograph
- PAN card copy
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter Identity Card